We are often faced with the decision: It’s bad weather today. Do I go out and take pictures today? And you know you have that “Itchy finger” to go take pictures. So, what do you do? Here is some options that will help you out:
THE WEATHER? GOOD OR BAD ! DO I GO AND TAKE PICTURES OR NOT ??
First of all, let’s learn a couple of things about overcast or stormy weather.
1- What happens to your light when the sun is behind the clouds, and you don’t have the nice shadows going over your trees, and making those dynamic lines you were looking for? THE SHADOWS ARE GONE !!! So, let’s find something to take pictures of now that you can use that make a difference without the shadows. My favorite thing to do when shadows are gone is portraits of people.
|Photo by Christian Bortes|
Now you can see the shadows are gone, but, don’t you think that makes for a nice portrait? And try things like close-up photography – flowers, mushrooms, etc, things where shadows sometimes becomes a distraction no longer will have that problem.
2- Actual rainy or stormy weather: Try it, get wet. The stormy photos are unique, because most photographers won’t try it. But, sure, you do have to do somethings different to the equipment. Here are some options:
It has great optics, and takes great photos. It has lots of auto modes so it can take pictures in any types of conditions. Has built-in flash and many other “Photographer -oriented” features. There are several manufactures who make cameras like this, so if you are not a Pentax fan, check out the other brands. Here is a link to get you to the right place if this is something you would be interested in. It is not a lot of money, and I think it should be part of every photographers equipment…. just for this reason alone.
PENTAX OPTIO CAMERA, PLUS LINKS TO OTHER WEATHERPROOF CAMERAS:
B- But, what if you don’t want to buy a whole new camera to do the job? Relax, I have that covered too. I have found two options for you. If you have your cell phone with you, they make a waterproof case for your cell phone. Just stick it in there, and shoot through the case. Here is the details here:
Universal waterproof case dry bag fits all smartphones up to 6.0″ diagonal size (Certain big screen phones need to remove protective case); Credit card wallet money waterproof dry bag for beach, fishing, swimming, boating, kayaking, snorkeling and water park activities
- Clear Window on both front and back sides, perfect for taking pictures, videos and checking emails
- 100 feet IPX8 Certified waterproof; Offers waterproof / snowproof / dirtproof protection for your device while maintaining full touch screen functionality
- Compatible with devices up to 100mm x 170mm (clear window 70mm X 140mm); Comes with a neck strap for convenient carrying
- Features a simple snap and lock access, easy to keep out water, snow, dust, sand, and dirt
And get this, it is only: $6.99 from Amazon. Click the link here to get this value:
And for those of you who have the bigger DSLR cameras…. have no fear, there is hope for you too. I am amazed at the type of equipment available to those who own this type of equipment as well. Check this out as well:
- Made of quality TPU&PVC, anti-pull and scratch-resistant to provide professional solution for camera protection.
- The lense cover is quite transparent. You can even take clear photo or film 16ft deep underwater.
- Universal fit most DSLR SLR cameras like Canon, Sony, Nikon etc. The lense cover is about 90mm deep. Please measure lense before ordering.
- Size: 33.5×27.5×8.5cm
|Photo by Daniel Rodriguez|