New Camera technology for 2018 is amazing. Check out this:
Announcing the Sony Alpha A7 Mark III – Sony had the clever idea of telling everyone, that this was “the basic model” in the Sony Alpha range, and pretty much everyone published this, because it was quite frankly a little bit ridiculous. The Sony A7 III is anything but basic, easily beating other full-frame DSLRs for specifications and features. But it also means that if this is the “basic” model, then reviewers and customers are going to be comparing everybody else’s full-frame cameras against the A7 III, both current, and any future full-frame cameras released. Almost as if calling it the “basic” model has set it up as a standard for everything else to be compared to. Bravo Sony, perhaps one of the most inspired marketing ideas of recent years.
The Sony Alpha A7 Mark III, on specifications alone, offers everything you could possibly want from a camera, including low noise at higher ISO speeds, high-speed continous shooting, rapid focus, and numerous focus points.
Thankfully the camera also performs as well – with excellent image quality, thanks to reliable exposure, excellent lenses, great dynamic range and rapid focus performance. High quality 4K video recording is just icing on the cake.
The camera body offers good handling – although the menus can seem a little long and slightly dis-organised. With a compact prime lens, the camera system can be quite compact, however most lenses, such as the excellent FE 24-105mm f/4 G lens are quite large, which makes the system fairly large.
In terms of this camera being a “basic” model, the Sony Alpha A7 Mark III is hardly what we’d call “basic” – and quite easily makes everything else look slower, larger, heavier, less innovative, and more expensive.
The Fujifilm X-T100 is the entry model that realizes high image quality in various scenes with comfortable operation thanks to the enhancement of photo-shooting functions. It is the ideal companion for smartphone users who want to shoot high quality images in their daily life or while traveling, in addition to photo enthusiasts.
- 24.2MP APS-C CMOS Sensor
- 2.36m-Dot 0.62x OLED EVF
- 3.0″ 1.04m-Dot Tilting Touchscreen LCD
- UHD 4K/15p and Full HD 1080/60p Video
- Bluetooth Low Energy and Wi-Fi
- 91-Area Hybrid Autofocus System
- Extended ISO 100-51200, 6 fps Shooting
- SR+ Auto Mode and Film Simulation Modes
- Included Detachable Grip
Sony today officially announced the new Cyber-shot RX100 VI, a 1″-type compact camera with a 20.1MP Exmor RS BSI CMOS Sensor, a wide 24-200mm zoom, lightning-fast autofocus, rapid continuous shooting, improved video capabilities, and pro-level operability—all in a remarkably compact body.
- 20.1MP 1″ Exmor RS BSI CMOS Sensor
- BIONZ X Image Processor & Front-End LSI
- ZEISS Vario-Sonnar T* f/2.8-4.5 Lens
- 24-200mm (35mm Equivalent)
- UHD 4K30p Video with HLG & S-Log3 Gammas
- HFR Mode for Full HD Video up to 960 fps
- 0.39″ 2.36m-Dot OLED Pop-Up EVF
- 3.0″ 921.6k-Dot 180° Tilting Touchscreen
- Fast Hybrid AF System with 315 Points
- ISO 12800 and 24 fps Continuous Shooting
The US price is $1,198
WHAT ARE WE SEEING SO FAR IN THE NEW CAMERAS SO FAR IS AMAZING. IF YOU ARE ONE WHO READS SPECS OR NOT, HERE IS JUST THE HIGHLIGHTS OF WHAT WE ARE SEEING IN A NUTSHELL:
- FASTER THAN EVER AUTOFOCUS
- FASTER MOTOR DRIVES
- THE ABILITY TO USE HIGHER ISO NUMBERS WITHOUT THE NOISE IN THE PICTURES. NOW WE WILL BE ABLE TO USE ISO’S AS HIGH AS 10,000 AND SEE VERY LITTLE NOISE.
- IMAGE SENSORS GETTING SHARPER, NOW UP TO 20MP SEEMS THE COMMON.
- SHARPER LENSES ARE COMING OUT AS WELL.
IT WILL BE A GLORIOUS TIME TO GET INVOLVED IN UPGRADING CAMERAS. THE CAMERAS ARE GETTING BETTER QUALITY AND THE ABILITY TO TAKE BETTER PICTURES IS MAKING THE GAP BIGGER BETWEEN THE DSLR AND THE CELL PHONE.