TODAY MARKS THE 1000TH BLOG FOR 123PHOTOGO! AND CELEBRATING HOW FAR THIS HAS COME FROM THE BEGINNING !
First: a quick history of this blog site:
- First publication: August 3rd, 2015. Introduction of my blog: Only 1 photo was on the blog. And it was decided to start off by doing the blog only once a week.
- The established first blog was sent out on Facebook only. That was my first source of distribution. Total amount of views my first week: 12. Thanks family !!!
- At the very first time I started my blog, I used the website : blogspot, as the source for developing my website. Even before I started my blog name was an interesting discovery, as I got the name from a package of fireworks that our family was using during the 4th of July. There was a package of fireworks packaged by a company called: Fireworks123 or something like that, I can’t remember exactly. I discussed this with my family and we decided to play around with this a bit and mix it up and call it 123Photogo. Then we checked with Google to see if that fit the domain names to make sure that wasn’t being used, and we were good. I paid to get that name licensed and it was and has been ever since: 123PHOTOGO.
- About October 2015, I decided to open up a separate Facebook account, different from my own personal Facebook account. I wanted to find Photographers that I could get this blog out to, who would be more interested in my blog. I then opened it up and somehow started looking for photographers, and requested to be their friends and started with about 250 people, that I never knew, but knew they were photographers, and could get this website out into the photo world. I also started my own “Like” page on Facebook that I could post my blog separately, like a place to see how it could grow and follow the growth of the blog. Just FYI: I have a following on that “Like” page of over 29,300 people now! I expect it will go over 30,000 people by the end of this year.
- Other factors that have contributed to the growth of this website is: After my 350th blog or so, I was feeling like “blogspot” was not letting me grow into the blog or website I wanted to be. So, on November 8th, 2016 I started to double up on my blogs, and as an experiment, I started using WordPress as another place to put my blogs on. So, for about a year or more, my blogs were being published on two different websites to see which one I like the most. Eventually, I liked WordPress better because I could get rid of blogspot and WordPress as my website address and just use: www.123photogo.com as my website address. It states on my blog somewhere that it is powered by WordPress. I am good with that. But, My official website address is now: www.123photogo.com. And I have been able to do more with my website because of that. As you notice, that there is an actual menu on this site, and more coming in the future. I love it. I feel grown up.
4 years later: What things are some of the highlights of this 123PhotoGo?
Highlight that everyone loves: Every Thursday: Photos of the Week:
HERE ARE SOME EXAMPLES OF SOME THAT HAVE BEEN RATED HIGHLY OR COMMENTED ON FROM MY VIEWERS:
This was one of my very first Photos of the week, cone back in October of 2015. Photo taken by: RJ Rijin. As a photographer myself, I always try to give the credit to the photographer. Even though these photos are already on Facebook, which means everybody in the world has access to these photos and has been shared with no credit to the photographer, I have always had great respect in giving credit to the photographers.
There is one more thing I do every year in November now, and that is a special presentation called: THE ART OF BLACK AND WHITE. I go out into the internet, either in to the black and white clubs, special presentations, and find black and white photos that are just above and beyond special, and create this special presentation. I contact the photographer that their photo has been selected to be in this presentation, and ask permission to use their photo. I ask them if they have anything they want me to know about them or the photo, and really go out of my want to sell the photo and the photographer. And now with my personal website, that gallery of special black and white photos is left posted there for a whole year, until the next year’s new photographers winning photos comes available. Here are just a sample of some of those special black and white photos:
1000 BLOGS ! ALMOST 30,000 FOLLOWERS!! SO, WHAT’S NEXT?
THE BLOGS? THEY WILL CONTINUE! I JUST HAVE TOO MUCH FUN WITH THEM. I WANT PEOPLE TO BECOME ARTISTS WITH THEIR CAMERAS. I WANT PEOPLE TO GET CAMERAS, AND USE THEM INSTEAD OF THEIR CELL PHONES
1000 BLOGS? THERE HAS TO BE SOME ORGANIZATION TO THIS, DOESN’T THERE? HOW ABOUT PUTTING THESE IN A BOOK? WELL THAT IS ALREADY BEING WORKED ON NOW. I AM HOPING BEFORE THE END OF THE YEAR, THERE WILL BE A BOOK AVAILABLE FOR ALL FOR NEW PHOTOGRAPHERS, SIMPLY CALLED: “THE BEST OF 1000 BLOGS”. WATCH FOR IT ON THIS WEBSITE.
WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE ON THIS WEBSITE? I AM OPEN TO YOUR SUGGESTIONS. YES, I HAVE AN EMAIL ADDRESS. WRITE ME. MY EMAIL ADDRESS IS TOO SIMPLE: 123PHOTOGO@GMAIL.COM
1000 BLOGS IN 4 YEARS AND 30,000 FOLLOWERS. WHERE WILL WE BE IN 4 MORE YEARS. STAY HERE AND FIND OUT.