THE CHALLENGE IS OUT: THERE ARE 51 SUBJECTS IS PHOTOGRAPHY. THIS IS #4 OF 51. WE WILL DO THEM ALL.
There is nothing more beautiful and more precious, than photos of babies or toddlers. Everyone loves them, everyone loves the pictures of them. But, there are certain guidelines in getting GREAT PHOTOS of your favorite baby or toddler. Let’s go through them:
- Make sure you have good light on the child. Lighting is critical to get a good photo of these precious little ones.
- Get down to their level. If you take pictures when you are standing all the time, you will only get the tops of their heads.
- Get close up of their faces, and special features of the child. Those baby feet are just amazing.
- Get photos of their growth through this time of being so little
- They seem so angelic when they are sleeping. A photo of them sleeping is amazing.
This photo takes care of a couple of the points here. Check the lighting on this photo. Light from everywhere, shining down on this beautiful child. Make sure your light is soft and diffused and just light from everywhere. And this is just precious to catch the baby asleep too. This is what looks angelic, and definitely a keeper in the baby books.
Getting down to their level will mean everything about the photo. You are now in their world. The details of their motions, and growing up is there to keep forever. Make sure you get down on your knees, or even lay down, will make the best photos.
Getting some special photo of their chubby little hands is always a great photo. They grow out of this cute little baby fat, and it is something to always remember. It will also be fun to show this to the child as they grow up.
And don’t forget to get a “perspective” photo of their cute tiny feet. Putting your hands around their little feet, or even putting your feet up next to theirs, is a photo everyone will enjoy.
Another great idea is to get a “happy photo” of mother and baby. It’s so fun to see them both enjoying each other.
Make sure you take a look at a lot of baby or toddler photos, and take pictures similar to your favorite photos. This is one subject that is sure to get you lot of good points if you follow these steps.