51 different subjects for photography! And I am going to do them all. Today’s subject is on learning how to take photos of cats or kittens. Let’s do it:
Taking pictures of a cat vs. a kitten is two different things in my eye. It’s like taking a photo of an adult vs. a toddler. If you don’t get a chuckle out of what kitten’s do, then you are missing all the fun of cat ownership. You get to play with a kitten, and they love playing with you. And to find their cute posing in a photograph is usually not hard. There are a couple of tips I would recommend in taking photos of cats or kittens:
- Get a cat to look at the camera by making noises by the camera. They are a curious animal and want to know what’s going on.
- Be patient and be prepared for the unexpected. These animals are going to give you a pose or doing something amazing in the flash of a second.
- Set your focus always for the eyes. It’s the eyes that reveal the character of humans as well as animals. Especially if you are going to do a close-up of your pet.
- Use a fast shutter speed to capture the fun movements and action of your pet. Using a fast shutter speed stops action. Also, consider using a “continuous motor drive” setting so that you can take a series of rapid photos of the cat, when they are in play mode.
- Try to get down on their level to take your photos. A picture of the top of their body all the time, is a boring photo. Get down to their level, and get different perspectives, will make your photos better.
- Try to get close to the pet and fill the frame of your camera. If you are taking a photo of your pet, why are you also taking a photo of your kitchen? Get in close, fill the frame with your cat.
When you take a moment to look at your cat or kitten, make sure you take lots of great photos. I think that the best photos are the ones where you catch their fun character, and that may involve you getting down on the floor with them. Enjoy their cute things they do, because all kittens grow up to be cats. Taking lots of photos will get you some pictures you will be happy with if you follow these suggestions listed above.
Or, just click on cat toys to see the huge variety of toys for cats that is available.