I love this subject. This idea from another famous photographer I read about. Her training to be a good photographer goes back to the same training ideas as a person involved in sports. Therefore photography is like any sport.
Instead of training for muscle memory, photographers train their eyes and brains on “how to see”– Gigi Chung
WHAT WOULD YOU SAY TO YOUR YOUNGER SELF?
As you grow, the things you want to do is learn to pick up a hobby you like. If photography seems like just a hobby, then perfect it. Also, take the time to learn about the people who are involved in dancing, painting and travel. Get to know some of these people who are involved in their “artistic” talents. By doing this you will learn how to think differently. It’s amazing these people are always thinking and learning their trade, their hobby, or their art career. In photography, you have to be that way too….. always thinking about what you can do to master your art etc.
THINK LIKE A SPORTS PRO:
As one who wants to be the best in sports, here is a list of what you must do:
- In sports getting up early in the morning can get you ahead of training and get your body ready for what you need. With photography, if you get up early in the morning, you will capture the most incredible photos that most photographers will miss.
- As a sports person, you have to work extra hard, do more laps, lift more weights, etc. A photographer, you have to take more photos than anyone else. Practicing what you do is what will make you better.
- Never doubt yourself as a sports enthusiast, or a professional. You have to believe you can be the best. The same in photography, always believe you can be better than anyone else.
- Love what you are going through. In sports, if you don’t love the progress and the change you won’t make it. As a photographer you have to love taking pictures, and love the progress of your photos. Notice them getting better.
- In sports, you are training your muscles to do what you need to do. As a photographer, you are training your eyes to learn to see. For more details on this go to: 123photogo.com/2021/12/15/ideas-of-creating-fine-art-photography/
Note: Did you notice that these photos used in this blog are from a free source agency? If you took enough photos, you could post some of your best photos with these companies, like UNSPLASH, OR PEXELS. And your name would also be noticed. It takes practice to get good enough to have your photos used by these agencies.